Despite The Near-Term Air Pocket in AR; Himax (HIMX) Remains a Growth Stock - Baird
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Baird analyst, Tristan Guerra, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Himax Technologies (NASDAQ: HIMX) on multiple short- and medium-term growth opportunities including AR, 3D sensing, OLED, and TDDI.
The company announced 3Q16 GAAP EPS of $0.08, at the high end of the guidance range of $0.06 to $0.08. Revenue for 3Q16 of $218.1 million was up 8.5% sequentially and above the mid-point of guidance range of $211.2-$221.2 million. Gross margin for 3Q16 was 25.6%, down 50bp sequentially and 50bp lower than the guidance of 26.1%.
The AR adoption will likely be slow near term but he views AR as one of the largest growth and content new device opportunities in the medium-term as the ecosystem builds and pricing comes down, with Himax uniquely positioned from a supplier standpoint. 3D sensing is also expected to experience significant adoption in smartphones medium term.
No change to the price target of $10.
Shares of Himax Technologies closed at $7.32 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Himax Technologies (HIMX): Cutting Estimates on Delays - Baird
- Five Below (FIVE): One of the Best Growth Stories in Retail - Guggenheim
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!