Despite The Near-Term Air Pocket in AR; Himax (HIMX) Remains a Growth Stock - Baird
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Baird analyst, Tristan Guerra, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Himax Technologies (NASDAQ: HIMX) on multiple short- and medium-term growth opportunities including AR, 3D sensing, OLED, and TDDI.
The company announced 3Q16 GAAP EPS of $0.08, at the high end of the guidance range of $0.06 to $0.08. Revenue for 3Q16 of $218.1 million was up 8.5% sequentially and above the mid-point of guidance range of $211.2-$221.2 million. Gross margin for 3Q16 was 25.6%, down 50bp sequentially and 50bp lower than the guidance of 26.1%.
The AR adoption will likely be slow near term but he views AR as one of the largest growth and content new device opportunities in the medium-term as the ecosystem builds and pricing comes down, with Himax uniquely positioned from a supplier standpoint. 3D sensing is also expected to experience significant adoption in smartphones medium term.
No change to the price target of $10.
Shares of Himax Technologies closed at $7.32 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- lululemon athletica (LULU): Raising Estimates, Cutting Valuation Range - Wells Fargo
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on TEGNA (TGNA) Following Investor Conference
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) Following 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!