Despite TASER (TASR) Beat and Raise, Margin Expansion Remains Elusive - Oppenheimer
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer analyst Andrew Uerkwitz reiterated a Perform rating on TASER International (NASDAQ: TASR) following 'beat and raise' but said continued investment keeps margin expansion tenuous.
Uerkwitz commented, "TASER has posted three straight quarters that handily beat top-line consensus. However, margin expansion remains elusive (revenue up 31% ytd; EPS down 26% ytd) as the company continues to invest in body camera, ev.com, dash cam, and now record management systems. We believe this is the right strategy to become a technology leader to police departments, but it will require patience, as agencies are slow to change. As for the quarter,Axon added two more major departments (Cinci, Atlanta) and EV.com revenues nearly doubled, a result of shrinking the gap between booked and active seats (and some true-up). Mgmt. announced that CFO Dan Behrendt will be stepping down (but remaining on until post-10-K filing) after 12 years with TASR."
Shares of TASER International closed at $23.67 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
- BTIG Starts Mitek Systems (MITK) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesAndrew Uerkwitz
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!