Despite Bunavail Stuggles, BioDelivery Sciences (BDSI) Should Sell Asset to Strategic Buyer - Piper Jaffray
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst David Amsellem noted BioDelivery Sciences International (NASDAQ: BDSI) Bunavail is still struggling but said the company should explore a sale of the asset to a strategic buyer.
Amsellem commented, "BioDelivery Sciences reported 2Q16 net loss per share of ($0.31) on revenues of $5.0M, inclusive of a $2.5M upfront payment from Collegium related to the out-licensing of Onsolis this past May. Bunavail continues to struggle, with sales growing by less than 1% over 1Q16. Management remains focused on reaching profitability by the end of 2017, but in our view, that is far less important than putting the product on a path to sustainable volume growth. We continue to believe that given what in our view are meaningful advantages for Bunavail versus other forms of buprenorphine/naloxone (i.e., bioavailability/dosing), BDSI should explore the sale of the asset to a strategic buyer with an established track record of commercial success."
The firm reiterated an Overweight rating and price target of $4.00 on BDSI.
Shares of BioDelivery Sciences International closed at $2.50 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GoDaddy (GDDY) Climbs After Piper Jaffray Lifts PT to $50
- Axovant Sciences (AXON) Risk/Reward 'Massively Skewed to the Upside' - Baird
- Wells Fargo Raises Valuation Range, Not Rating on Time Warner (TWX) Following Latest AT&T Speculation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Rumors
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!