Deere (DE): Concerns Overblown, Deutsche Bank Reiterates Buy
- Market Wrap: EC Boosts Euro-Area GDP Outlook; Tesla Ramps on Upgrade; Crude Closes Back Over $60/bbl
- Microsoft (MSFT) Said to Consider Bid for salesforce.com (CRM)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/05: (BRDR) (MGI) (HLF) Higher; (ZU) (NDLS) (ANAD) Lower (more...)
- Comcast (CMCSA) Plans to Refocus on Customer Service Improvement; Create 5,500 Jobs
- Herbalife (HLF) Tops Q1 EPS by 28c; Boosts FY15 EPS Outlook
Deutsche Bank maintained a Buy rating on Deere (NYSE: DE) with a price target of $110.00. Analyst Vishal Shah thinks concerns could be overblown and he sees upside to EPS estimates.
"We believe large ag equipment related concerns are overblown and see upside to DE's 2014 & 2015 cons EPS est. Our checks, bottoms up supply demand analysis of the sector, as well as breakdown of DE's earnings power suggests declines will not be as high. This is further supported by improving ag fundamentals including a recent strengthening of crop prices (corn & soy up 20% & 13% YTD vs DE of 1%). Cons est imply >20% YoY declines for large ag equipment in '14 & '15 vs DBe of 15-20% and ~10%, respectively. We believe cons will likely revise est upwards which should help the stock grind higher. We reiterate our constructive view on DE going into earnings," he said.
Shares of Deere closed at $92.77 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- FBR Capital Downgrades Nationstar Mortgage (NSM) to Underperform
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Upgrades JetBlue Airways (JBLU) to Overweight
- Lake Street Capital Markets Downgrades Exact Sciences (EXAS) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!