Deere (DE): Concerns Overblown, Deutsche Bank Reiterates Buy
- Market Wrap: Durable Goods Orders Outpace in July; Best Buy Slumps on Outlook; iPad News Aplenty
- After-Hours Stock Movers 8/26: (TUBE) (CHMT) (ARUN) Higher; (SWHC) (RGR) (TIVO) Lower (more...)
- TiVo, Inc. (TIVO) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c, Offers Q3 Guidance
- Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c; Cuts FY15 Outlook
- Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS; Guides Q4 EPS, Revs
Deutsche Bank maintained a Buy rating on Deere (NYSE: DE) with a price target of $110.00. Analyst Vishal Shah thinks concerns could be overblown and he sees upside to EPS estimates.
"We believe large ag equipment related concerns are overblown and see upside to DE's 2014 & 2015 cons EPS est. Our checks, bottoms up supply demand analysis of the sector, as well as breakdown of DE's earnings power suggests declines will not be as high. This is further supported by improving ag fundamentals including a recent strengthening of crop prices (corn & soy up 20% & 13% YTD vs DE of 1%). Cons est imply >20% YoY declines for large ag equipment in '14 & '15 vs DBe of 15-20% and ~10%, respectively. We believe cons will likely revise est upwards which should help the stock grind higher. We reiterate our constructive view on DE going into earnings," he said.
Shares of Deere closed at $92.77 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: UBS Upgrades Arcelor Mittal (MT) to Buy
- UPDATE: Casimir Capital Upgrades Miller Energy Resources (MILL) to Buy
- Goldman Sachs Starts Mobileye N.V (MBLY) at Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!