Deere & Co. (DE): Lack of Visibility Into 2017 Sales Keeps Piper Jaffray At Underperform
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Brett Wong, reiterated his Underweight rating on shares of Deere (NYSE: DE), after DE decided not to provide an outlook on farmer cash receipts as management on its earnings call as management did on the 3Q call last year. This would have offered an initial read into demand expectations for FY17.
Instead, management provided expectations of improving pre-tax income by $500M through FY18, which drove the stock higher even though there is uncertainty as to what would drive the operational improvement. Additional cost savings is expected to be the driver, but the analyst was already modeling over $200M in cost reduction from R&D and SG&A in FY17, and he is now modeling about $250M, driving estimates higher and the price target to $70.
The analyst continues to believe that agriculture machinery sales will decline in FY17 and an elevated used inventory. will cause further declines in the coming year.
The price target of $70.00 is up from $67.00.Deere & Co. (NYSE: DE)
Shares of Deere closed at $87.32 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Twitter's (TWTR) 'Underweight' Rating Reiterated at Morgan Stanley
- Mizuho Securities Reiterates Buy on Southwestern Energy (SWN) Following 3Q
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Microsoft (MSFT) to $65 Following 1Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!