Deere & Co. (DE): Lack of Visibility Into 2017 Sales Keeps Piper Jaffray At Underperform
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Brett Wong, reiterated his Underweight rating on shares of Deere (NYSE: DE), after DE decided not to provide an outlook on farmer cash receipts as management on its earnings call as management did on the 3Q call last year. This would have offered an initial read into demand expectations for FY17.
Instead, management provided expectations of improving pre-tax income by $500M through FY18, which drove the stock higher even though there is uncertainty as to what would drive the operational improvement. Additional cost savings is expected to be the driver, but the analyst was already modeling over $200M in cost reduction from R&D and SG&A in FY17, and he is now modeling about $250M, driving estimates higher and the price target to $70.
The analyst continues to believe that agriculture machinery sales will decline in FY17 and an elevated used inventory. will cause further declines in the coming year.
The price target of $70.00 is up from $67.00.Deere & Co. (NYSE: DE)
Shares of Deere closed at $87.32 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- BMO Capital Remains Bullish on Duluth Holdings Inc. (DLTH) Following 3Q Report
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!