Deal Positive for Sarepta (SRPT), Summit (SMMT) and DMD Community - Oppenheimer
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer analyst Michelle Gilson reiterated an Outperform rating and $76 price target on Sarepta Therapeutic (NASDAQ: SRPT) after the company Sarepta and Summit (NASDAQ: SMMT) announced a licensing and collaboration agreement for EU rights to Summit's utrophin modulation programs for the treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Sarepta will pay Summit $40M upfront as part of the agreement, and will receive rights to Summit's utrophin modulators (including ezutromid and other follow-on utrophin modulators) in the EU, Turkey and the Commonwealth of Independent States. Additionally, Sarepta has received an option for Latin American rights to utrophin modulators.
"We view this agreement as positive for Sarepta and Summit, as well as the DMD community, as we believe significant synergies in research and development can be realized, mitigating some difficulties of clinical development in DMD," Gilson. "Sarepta has pro forma cash of $395M, following this agreement and 3Q16 offering."
Shares of Sarepta Therapeutic closed at $60.95 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT) Exondys 51 'Medically Necessary' at Aetna When Certain Criteria are Met
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Shopify (SHOP): CFO Meetings Indicate Strong Growth Ahead - Wedbush
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!