Deal Positive for Sarepta (SRPT), Summit (SMMT) and DMD Community - Oppenheimer
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer analyst Michelle Gilson reiterated an Outperform rating and $76 price target on Sarepta Therapeutic (NASDAQ: SRPT) after the company Sarepta and Summit (NASDAQ: SMMT) announced a licensing and collaboration agreement for EU rights to Summit's utrophin modulation programs for the treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Sarepta will pay Summit $40M upfront as part of the agreement, and will receive rights to Summit's utrophin modulators (including ezutromid and other follow-on utrophin modulators) in the EU, Turkey and the Commonwealth of Independent States. Additionally, Sarepta has received an option for Latin American rights to utrophin modulators.
"We view this agreement as positive for Sarepta and Summit, as well as the DMD community, as we believe significant synergies in research and development can be realized, mitigating some difficulties of clinical development in DMD," Gilson. "Sarepta has pro forma cash of $395M, following this agreement and 3Q16 offering."
Shares of Sarepta Therapeutic closed at $60.95 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT) Exondys 51 requires "review of drug and site of care required" at Aetna
- Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT) Weakens Into the Close
- Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Buy on IBM (IBM) Following 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!