DeVry Education Group (DV): Substantial Operating Leverage - PiperJaffray
- Wall Street hits new high as post-election rally roars ahead
- ECB to scale back asset buys as it extends to end-2017
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 despite doubts over OPEC output cut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Peter Appert, reiterated his Overweight rating on DeVry (NYSE: DV) while acknowledging that the turnaround is still a work in progress. The analyst noted that revenue and earnings upside in F4Q and evidence of substantial operating leverage in the company's business model are positive signs. The analyst thinks earnings upside could be dramatic over the next several years with only modest improvement in enrollment trends.
Slightly better than expected revenue performance (down 0.3% y/y vs. -2.4% consensus) translated into a solid EPS beat as the company continues to demonstrate impressive cost discipline. EPS from operations of $0.65 (excluding restructuring and impairment charges totaling $0.81) beat consensus of $0.60 easily.
No change to the price target of $35.
Shares of DeVry closed at $21.94 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on SecureWorks Corp. (SCWX) to $13
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Tailored Brands (TLRD) to Buy
- Oppenheimer Remains Sidelined on H&R Block (HRB) Following 2Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings, Peter Appert
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!