Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY): Comp Growth Trumps EPS Beat - Piper Jaffray
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall St. slips on earnings; Apple results due
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- Panera Bread (PNRA) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c; Raises Outlook
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Nicole Miller Regan, reiterated her Overweight rating on shares of Dave & Buster's (NASDAQ: PLAY) along with a price target of $51.00 after stronger YoY margins helped deliver EPS of $0.50 (vs. expectations at $0.44) despite slower-than-expected comp results of +1.0% (vs. expectations of +2.1%). Trends to date in 3Q have accelerated and are running in the low +2% range. However the analyst thinks the company's reduced outlook for same-store sales (offset by a maintained revenue and EPS outlook) could pressure shares.
No change to the $51 PT but the basis is a lower multiple on FY17 EBITDA, 10x from 11x FY16.
Shares of Dave & Buster's closed at $46.27 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Following 1Q Beat
- T-Mobile (TMUS) Potential Capacity Crunch May Slow Momentum vs. Sprint (S) - FBR
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO) Following Announced Eagle Ford Shale Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Nicole Miller Regan
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!