Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY): Comp Growth Trumps EPS Beat - Piper Jaffray
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Nicole Miller Regan, reiterated her Overweight rating on shares of Dave & Buster's (NASDAQ: PLAY) along with a price target of $51.00 after stronger YoY margins helped deliver EPS of $0.50 (vs. expectations at $0.44) despite slower-than-expected comp results of +1.0% (vs. expectations of +2.1%). Trends to date in 3Q have accelerated and are running in the low +2% range. However the analyst thinks the company's reduced outlook for same-store sales (offset by a maintained revenue and EPS outlook) could pressure shares.
No change to the $51 PT but the basis is a lower multiple on FY17 EBITDA, 10x from 11x FY16.
Shares of Dave & Buster's closed at $46.27 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Maxim Integrated Products (MXIM): Chip Recovery Has Begun - Wells Fargo
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC) PT Raised to $85 at Cowen
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Nicole Miller Regan
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!