DSW, Inc. (DSW): Another Band Aid - Susquehanna
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Susquehanna analyst, Sam Posner, reiterated his Negative rating on shares of DSW Inc. (NYSE: DSW) after DSW's 3Q16 EPS results came in better than expected. However, the analyst believes this means that DSW has yet to take needed markdowns, which will continue to result in poor top line performance.
Fewer markdowns and expense management are masking inventory and SSS problems. Elevated inventories are protecting margins, but are resulting in significant SSS declines. It is only a matter of time before DSW will need to take the necessary margin hit to have a chance at resuming SSS growth. All the while, DSW is losing its designer shoe identity and forfeiting share.
No change to the price target of $19.
Shares of DSW Inc. closed at $24.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- General Electric (GE) PT Lowered to $35 at UBS Following 4Q Report
- Halliburton (HAL) PT Raised to $65 at Evercore ISI
- Barclays Downgrades Apple (AAPL) to Equalweight, Concerned India/China Will not Emerge As Growth Catalysts
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesSusquehanna International Group of Companies
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!