DSW, Inc. (DSW): Another Band Aid - Susquehanna
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Susquehanna analyst, Sam Posner, reiterated his Negative rating on shares of DSW Inc. (NYSE: DSW) after DSW's 3Q16 EPS results came in better than expected. However, the analyst believes this means that DSW has yet to take needed markdowns, which will continue to result in poor top line performance.
Fewer markdowns and expense management are masking inventory and SSS problems. Elevated inventories are protecting margins, but are resulting in significant SSS declines. It is only a matter of time before DSW will need to take the necessary margin hit to have a chance at resuming SSS growth. All the while, DSW is losing its designer shoe identity and forfeiting share.
No change to the price target of $19.
Shares of DSW Inc. closed at $24.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Time (TIME): Stuck Until A Deal Is Announced - Wells Fargo
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $210 Following 4Q
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Nielsen Holdings (NLSN) to $45
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesSusquehanna International Group of Companies
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!