DSW, Inc. (DSW): Another Band Aid - Susquehanna
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Susquehanna analyst, Sam Posner, reiterated his Negative rating on shares of DSW Inc. (NYSE: DSW) after DSW's 3Q16 EPS results came in better than expected. However, the analyst believes this means that DSW has yet to take needed markdowns, which will continue to result in poor top line performance.
Fewer markdowns and expense management are masking inventory and SSS problems. Elevated inventories are protecting margins, but are resulting in significant SSS declines. It is only a matter of time before DSW will need to take the necessary margin hit to have a chance at resuming SSS growth. All the while, DSW is losing its designer shoe identity and forfeiting share.
No change to the price target of $19.
Shares of DSW Inc. closed at $24.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Mizuho Securities Raises Price Target on PDC Energy (PDCE) to $81; Reiterates Neutral
- GW Pharma (GWPH) PT Raised to $208 at Cantor Fitzgerald; In Good Shape for 1st-Half 2017 NDA Submission
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesSusquehanna International Group of Companies
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!