DISH Network (DISH): Broadcaster Auction Confusion Creates Buying Opportunity - Jefferies
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies analyst, Mike McCormack, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Dish Network (NASDAQ: DISH) and thinks that investors are reading too much into the Broadcaster auction and they should look through the noise and focus on the "dramatically under-valued portfolio of spectrum".
The analyst sees three scenarios. "The first scenario, an auction failure (unlikely in our view) would most certainly be viewed positively for DISH as either demand did not materialize, or the price of low-band spectrum wasn’t sufficient for broadcasters. The next scenario is likely the most misunderstood, in our view, and features spectrum sold at or near the reserve price. Paradoxically, we think this is also a positive outcome for DISH as it implies carriers have ample coverage (i.e. low-band) spectrum. The third scenario would feature a high price paid. In our view, this would be negative for DISH shares, as carriers, having spent nearly $45bn in last year’s AWS-3 auction would be further leverage constrained, and would likely be less interested in negotiating for DISH spectrum."
No change to the $80 price target.
Shares of Dish Network closed at $49.59 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $37 Following 2Q Beat and Raise
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 2Q Earnings Report
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on GTx, Inc. (GTXI) to $7 Following Enobosarm Trial Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, S3
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!