Ctrip.com (CTRP): Becoming A Margin Story - Oppenheimer
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer analyst, Jed Kelly, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Ctrip.com (NASDAQ: CTRP) as the company transitions to a margin story.
CTRP reported a solid 2Q16, with in-line revenue and non-GAAP operating margins 240 bps above the Street forecast. Organic hotel revenue decelerated to mid-20%, which the analyst attributed to a combination of new VAT taxes and maturing high-end accommodations. However, consolidated operating margins expanded 1,600bps y/y, reflecting CTRP's stronger competitive position.
The analyst stated "We will monitor hotel revenue, and are modeling a higher mix from lower-end markets, which carry better commissions, but higher couponing. Guidance for 3Q implies consistent revenue growth, and margins expanding ~1,000bps sequentially, which could leave less wiggle room for a typical margin beat. However, despite slowing organic revenue growth, we project non-GAAP operating-margins to expand ~1,500bps in two years, which should cause the stock to react positively".
No change to the price target of $55
Shares of Ctrip.com closed at $47.35 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wells Fargo Upgrades Tiffany & Co. (TIF) to Market Perform; Demand Trends Stabilizing
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (RBA) to $33
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Gentex Corp (GNTX) to $25 Following CES 2017
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!