Ctrip.com (CTRP): Becoming A Margin Story - Oppenheimer
- Stock futures rise as flurry of deal activity boosts confidence
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Oil prices fall as Iraq resists joining output cut
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer analyst, Jed Kelly, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Ctrip.com (NASDAQ: CTRP) as the company transitions to a margin story.
CTRP reported a solid 2Q16, with in-line revenue and non-GAAP operating margins 240 bps above the Street forecast. Organic hotel revenue decelerated to mid-20%, which the analyst attributed to a combination of new VAT taxes and maturing high-end accommodations. However, consolidated operating margins expanded 1,600bps y/y, reflecting CTRP's stronger competitive position.
The analyst stated "We will monitor hotel revenue, and are modeling a higher mix from lower-end markets, which carry better commissions, but higher couponing. Guidance for 3Q implies consistent revenue growth, and margins expanding ~1,000bps sequentially, which could leave less wiggle room for a typical margin beat. However, despite slowing organic revenue growth, we project non-GAAP operating-margins to expand ~1,500bps in two years, which should cause the stock to react positively".
No change to the price target of $55
Shares of Ctrip.com closed at $47.35 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Reiterates Buy on PPG Industries (PPG) - PT to $113
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades Brown & Brown (BRO) to Hold
- Intercept Pharmaceuticals (ICPT) PT Lowered to $200 at Oppenheimer, Keeps 'Outperform'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!