Credit Suisse Upgrades The Michaels Companies (MIK) to Outperform
- Wall St stumbles as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- FBI to review more emails related to Clinton's private email use
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/28: (GRVY) (VRTS) (ITGR) Higher; (OPXA) (SNMX) (STON) Lower
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Credit Suisse upgraded The Michaels Companies (NASDAQ: MIK) from Neutral to Outperform and maintains a price target of $29.00.
Analyst Seth Sigman sees favorable risk/ reward following the recent pull back in the stock, citing:
1) lower 2H bar, with potential for comps/ margins to improve after a somewhat disappointing Q2, supported by a number of merchandising and sourcing initiatives;
2) other EPS drivers - de-levering, tax benefits, FX;
3) unique model characteristics in an uncertain consumer environment: relative defensiveness/ less e-commerce risk/ continued positive traffic growth, which compares favorably to most other retailers;
4) consolidation optionality, which has been a big positive for leaders in other sectors;
5) attractive valuation.
Shares of The Michaels Companies closed at $24.41 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Twitter, Inc. (TWTR) to Perform
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Government Properties Income Trust (GOV) to $25
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Level 3 Communications (LVLT) to Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Upgrades
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!