Credit Suisse Upgrades The Michaels Companies (MIK) to Outperform
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Credit Suisse upgraded The Michaels Companies (NASDAQ: MIK) from Neutral to Outperform and maintains a price target of $29.00.
Analyst Seth Sigman sees favorable risk/ reward following the recent pull back in the stock, citing:
1) lower 2H bar, with potential for comps/ margins to improve after a somewhat disappointing Q2, supported by a number of merchandising and sourcing initiatives;
2) other EPS drivers - de-levering, tax benefits, FX;
3) unique model characteristics in an uncertain consumer environment: relative defensiveness/ less e-commerce risk/ continued positive traffic growth, which compares favorably to most other retailers;
4) consolidation optionality, which has been a big positive for leaders in other sectors;
5) attractive valuation.
Shares of The Michaels Companies closed at $24.41 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $47 at Credit Suisse; Results Just 'Ok' But Visability Increases Conviction
- AMD (AMD) Q3 'Solid' - Jefferies
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Upgrades
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!