Credit Suisse Upgrades The Michaels Companies (MIK) to Outperform
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Credit Suisse upgraded The Michaels Companies (NASDAQ: MIK) from Neutral to Outperform and maintains a price target of $29.00.
Analyst Seth Sigman sees favorable risk/ reward following the recent pull back in the stock, citing:
1) lower 2H bar, with potential for comps/ margins to improve after a somewhat disappointing Q2, supported by a number of merchandising and sourcing initiatives;
2) other EPS drivers - de-levering, tax benefits, FX;
3) unique model characteristics in an uncertain consumer environment: relative defensiveness/ less e-commerce risk/ continued positive traffic growth, which compares favorably to most other retailers;
4) consolidation optionality, which has been a big positive for leaders in other sectors;
5) attractive valuation.
Shares of The Michaels Companies closed at $24.41 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades CVR Refining (CVRR) to Outperform; Most Exposed to RINs
- KeyBanc Upgrades Waste Connections Inc. (WCN) to Overweight
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Hartford Financial (HIG) to $55
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Upgrades
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!