Credit Suisse Upgrades SeaWorld Entertainment (SEAS) to Neutral
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/24: (UNIS) (MBVT) (ACCO) Higher; (TDW) (INO) (BCC) Lower
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Credit Suisse upgraded SeaWorld Entertainment (NYSE: SEAS) from Underperform to Neutral with a price target of $12.00 (from $15.00).
Analyst Benjamin Chaike commented, "The risk/reward has changed since May, and we no longer see compelling downside from current levels. Expectations in our view have been properly reset, headwinds are priced in, and as such we are upgrading to Neutral. In May we had concerns about downside to guidance, downside to street estimates, risk of tripping debt covenants and likelihood of multiple compression, due to increasing competition, weaker than expected pricing power and a lack of cost savings. Since May SEAS is down ~35%, with mgmt. recently lowering its guidance range by $25m, coinciding with a 2Q16 earnings miss, and 1x TTM multiple compression. While we do not believe SEAS is in a better position structurally, we think mgmt. guidance, street expectations and valuation are now more appropriate, and mgmt. has alluded to the fact that capital allocation may be shifting towards more thrill based experiences. In addition to re-set expectations/guidance, our upgrade is predicated on the idea that SEAS will cut its current dividend (proactively) and reallocate that capital (~$80m/yr) back into a business drastically in need of differentiated content/experiences to drive attendance."
Shares of SeaWorld Entertainment closed at $13.13 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Microsoft (MSFT) to $65 Following 1Q Beat
- Seaport Global Securities Upgrades Tutor Perini Corporation (TPC) to Buy
- UPDATE: Stifel Starts Tabula Rasa Healthcare (TRHC) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!