Credit Suisse Upgrades Kinder Morgan (KMI) to Outperform
- Wall Street falls as post-election winners lag
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Big 5 Sporting Goods (BGFV) Q4 Comps Rise 3.1%; Guides Q4 Above the Street
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Credit Suisse upgraded Kinder Morgan (NYSE: KMI) from Neutral to Outperform with a price target of $26.00 (from $23.00).
Analyst John Edwards commented, "3Q EBITDA beat (~1% vs Street and ~3% vs CS), KMI management is still guiding to 3% below the '16 EBITDA budget and 4% below the DCF budget consistent with last quarter and KMI affirmed that delevering to be 0.2x better than budget (to 5.3x Debt/EBITDA by YE) due to the sale of 50% of SNG to SO (The South Rises) which closed 9/1/16. Management cut another $100mm from growth cap ex, to $2.7B and the project backlog fell $500mm more to $13.0B. We forecast below 5.0x Debt/EBITDA by 2Q18. Chairman Rich Kinder indicated the working assumption is to have excess cash over dividends to be able to cover 50% of normalized cap ex (~$2-$3B) when the balance sheet reached below 5.0x leverage. In response, we are raising the dividend to $0.25/share ($1.00 annualized) beginning with 3Q18 declaration (with ~15% CAGR the next 5 years thereafter). In our blended valuation approach, this removes the drag from the dividend component, prompting us to raise our TP by $3, to $26, and our rating on the shares to Outperform."
Shares of Kinder Morgan closed at $20.71 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades OneMain (OMF) to Neutral
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD) Following Industry Checks
- Instinet Upgrades RPC Inc. (RES) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!