Credit Suisse Upgrades Clovis Oncology (CLVS) to Outperform on Takeout Potential
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Credit Suisse upgraded Clovis Oncology (NASDAQ: CLVS) from Neutral to Outperform with a price target of $41.00 (from $19.00).
Analyst Kennen MacKay commented, "We upgrade CLVS to OUTPERFORM from NEUTRAL and increase our target price to $41 from $19. We move our valuation methodology to an M&A DCF from a standard DCF on the potential for CLVS to be a takeout target for a global pharma company, Japanese pharma, or biotech company. Our base-case M&A DCF assumes a -50% cut to CLVS R&D, -50% cut to CLVS SG&A, no change to CLVS COGS, a 35% tax rate, and a 10% increase in product sales. We view this as a conservative M&A valuation, given an acquirer could potentially see tax synergies and further increases to product sales. Following FDA acceptance of CLVS’s rucaparib NDA in 3L g/sBRCA treatment, we continue to await data at ESMO (Oct 7) to get a better sense of rucaparib’s competitive profile vs. Lynparza and efficacy in platinum resistant/refractory patients. We concede potential acquisition outweighs concerns surrounding patent life, limited experience in platinum resistant/refractory patients, and PARPi competition."
The firm conducted an acquisition scenario analysis for parties that have expressed interest in acquiring US oncology companies such as Lilly, Merck, Takeda, and others. The analysis suggests CLVS could be worth $35-$41/sh on operational synergies, and $52-$55/sh with leveraged tax benefits.
Shares of Clovis Oncology closed at $34.83 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Upgrades American Express (AXP) to Overweight
- Baird Cuts Price Target on GameStop (GME) Following Holiday Results
- Morgan Stanley Downgrades Verisk Analytics (VRSK) to Equalweight
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Upgrades, Rumors, Trader Talk, Upgrades
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!