Credit Suisse Upgrades Alon USA Energy (ALJ) to Outperform
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Credit Suisse upgraded Alon USA Energy (NYSE: ALJ) from Neutral to Outperform with a price target of $10.50 (from $7.00), included with a broader call on the refiners.
The firm said while the best entry point for the group will be some time in the Nov-Jan shoulder season, they reiterate the message that there is a good TSR compounding opportunity for some names, including ALJ.
Analyst Edward Westlake commented, "ALJ shares could have the potential to buck the general margin weakness if DK decides to close out the remainder of the minority which it does not own. We note that DK has sold its retail business and has cash on the balance sheet – financial firepower to do the deal. A merger with ALJ would unlock considerable synergies across the combines businesses and there is longer term investment driven self-help at the ALJ refinery portfolio. ALJ shares have underperformed and are trading below the market value of their diverse asset portfolio."
Shares of Alon USA Energy closed at $8.74 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs (GS) PT Raised to $256.00 at Oppenheimer Following 4Q Report
- Deckers Outdoor (DECK) Bear Poser at Susquehanna Modestly Lifts Numbers
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $68 at Wedbush; Keeps 'Underperform'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!