Credit Suisse Upgrades Alon USA Energy (ALJ) to Outperform
- Wall St. rises amid robust earnings, GDP data
- FBI to review more emails related to Clinton's private email use: letter
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/28: (GRVY) (VRTS) (ITGR) Higher; (OPXA) (SNMX) (STON) Lower
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Credit Suisse upgraded Alon USA Energy (NYSE: ALJ) from Neutral to Outperform with a price target of $10.50 (from $7.00), included with a broader call on the refiners.
The firm said while the best entry point for the group will be some time in the Nov-Jan shoulder season, they reiterate the message that there is a good TSR compounding opportunity for some names, including ALJ.
Analyst Edward Westlake commented, "ALJ shares could have the potential to buck the general margin weakness if DK decides to close out the remainder of the minority which it does not own. We note that DK has sold its retail business and has cash on the balance sheet – financial firepower to do the deal. A merger with ALJ would unlock considerable synergies across the combines businesses and there is longer term investment driven self-help at the ALJ refinery portfolio. ALJ shares have underperformed and are trading below the market value of their diverse asset portfolio."
Shares of Alon USA Energy closed at $8.74 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Level 3 Communications (LVLT) to Outperform
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Twitter, Inc. (TWTR) to Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!