Credit Suisse Upgrades Alon USA Energy (ALJ) to Outperform
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Credit Suisse upgraded Alon USA Energy (NYSE: ALJ) from Neutral to Outperform with a price target of $10.50 (from $7.00), included with a broader call on the refiners.
The firm said while the best entry point for the group will be some time in the Nov-Jan shoulder season, they reiterate the message that there is a good TSR compounding opportunity for some names, including ALJ.
Analyst Edward Westlake commented, "ALJ shares could have the potential to buck the general margin weakness if DK decides to close out the remainder of the minority which it does not own. We note that DK has sold its retail business and has cash on the balance sheet – financial firepower to do the deal. A merger with ALJ would unlock considerable synergies across the combines businesses and there is longer term investment driven self-help at the ALJ refinery portfolio. ALJ shares have underperformed and are trading below the market value of their diverse asset portfolio."
Shares of Alon USA Energy closed at $8.74 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Intersil (ISIL) PT Bumped to $22 at Stifel
- Nomura Securities Downgrades Host Hotels (HST) and Hyatt Hotels (H) to Neutral
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Following 1Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!