Credit Suisse Upgrades Alon USA Energy (ALJ) to Outperform
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Credit Suisse upgraded Alon USA Energy (NYSE: ALJ) from Neutral to Outperform with a price target of $10.50 (from $7.00), included with a broader call on the refiners.
The firm said while the best entry point for the group will be some time in the Nov-Jan shoulder season, they reiterate the message that there is a good TSR compounding opportunity for some names, including ALJ.
Analyst Edward Westlake commented, "ALJ shares could have the potential to buck the general margin weakness if DK decides to close out the remainder of the minority which it does not own. We note that DK has sold its retail business and has cash on the balance sheet – financial firepower to do the deal. A merger with ALJ would unlock considerable synergies across the combines businesses and there is longer term investment driven self-help at the ALJ refinery portfolio. ALJ shares have underperformed and are trading below the market value of their diverse asset portfolio."
Shares of Alon USA Energy closed at $8.74 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Cowen Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!