Credit Suisse Upgrades AMD (AMD) to Neutral
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Credit Suisse upgraded AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) from Underperform to Neutral with a price target of $7.00 (from $5.50).
Analyst John Pitzer commented, "... we believe NT momentum over the next few quarters will continue to offset many of our longer term concerns around lack of scale."
The firm sees the following positive catalysts:
(1) C3Q/C4Q guidance looks conservative
(2) Recent funding significantly improves balance sheet, liquidity, and trough valuation
(3) Renegotiation of WSA provides flexibility and a more credible roadmap
(4) Zen product launch in 2017 should help the narrative
(5) AMD IP still valuable, with monetization still likely.
Shares of AMD closed at $6.50 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- BMO Capital Reiterates Outperform on Costco Wholesale (COST) Following 1Q Report
- Guggenheim Reiterates Buy on United Natural Foods (UNFI) Following 1Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!