Credit Suisse Starts Unum Group (UNM) at Neutral
- S&P, Dow rise on health stocks; Nasdaq weighed by Comcast
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Credit Suisse initiates coverage on Unum Group (NYSE: UNM) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $42.00.
Analyst John Nadel commented, "While we like the company’s positive leverage to economic improvement, specifically in terms of employment levels and wage growth, in addition to a strong track record of capital return and potential tailwinds from higher interest rates, we currently view the risk/reward as fairly balanced and devoid of sufficient near-term catalysts to get us more constructive. Separately, we provide analysis herein which leads us to believe UNM has adequate capital strength to support downside risk under the scenario of another LTC reserve charge and/or a modest recession. Our 2016/17/18E EPS are $3.87/$4.10/$4.40, respectively, and incorporate $1.2b of cumulative buybacks ($400m annually) combined with low-single-digit growth in core operating income, resulting in a flattish ROE between 10.0% and 10.5%."
Shares of Unum Group closed at $36.58 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Parexel (PRXL) to $67 Following Weak 1Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Western Digital (WDC) to $75; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!