Credit Suisse Starts Torchmark (TMK) at Neutral
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Credit Suisse initiates coverage on Torchmark (NYSE: TMK) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $68.00.
Analyst John Nadel commented, "While we like TMK's predictable earnings stream, consistent free cash flow deployment and solid ROE, we initiate at Neutral because we believe these characteristics are already well discounted in current valuation, with shares trading at 13.8x our 2017E EPS and 2.08x 2Q16 BVPS excl. AOCI. We believe current valuation is reflective of more than just TMK’s relative safety vs. the peer group (less sensitivity to low long-term interest rates and lower asset leverage), and embeds some level of takeout premium following increased M&A activity by Japanese buyers of smaller, U.S. life insurers over the past two years. Moreover, we estimate TMK is trading at just under 25x 2017E free cash flow compared with the peer group at 13.6x on average. While fundamental operating performance has been generally solid (save for modest margin compression in TMK’s Direct Response channel), current valuation more than reflects this, in our view."
Shares of Torchmark closed at $64.38 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
- UPDATE: Benchmark Starts Cross Country Healthcare (CCRN) at Buy
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!