Credit Suisse Starts Synopsys (SNPS) at Outperform
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Credit Suisse initiates coverage on Synopsys (NASDAQ: SNPS) with a Outperform rating and a price target of $68.00, calling it a software company trading at a semi valuation.
Analyst Farhan Ahmad commented, "We are initiating coverage of SNPS with an Outperform rating and a $68 target price. Our FY17 EPS estimate is ~3% above the Street, and we see potential for multiple expansion given that the stock is trading at a ~25% discount to broader engineering software. SNPS is the largest EDA company and stands to benefit as Semi growth shifts from consumer to IAI/IoT. In addition, 25% of revenues are from Semi IP, which is growing at a 10%+ CAGR and would enable the company to grow 2 pts above the EDA industry. Risks include customer consolidation and increased competition."
Shares of Synopsys closed at $59.62 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on Synopsys (SNPS) Following 4Q
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Dougherty & Co Starts Allscripts (MDRX) at Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!