Credit Suisse Starts Reinsurance Group of America (RGA) at Neutral
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Credit Suisse initiates coverage on Reinsurance Group of America (NYSE: RGA) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $115.00.
Analyst John Nadel commented, "RGA offers investors a somewhat unique opportunity to have exposure to mortality improvement in the U.S. and internationally. The company has delivered solid long-term revenue, earnings and book value growth. While it is essentially a pure-play life reinsurance business, short-term results are often volatile given the inherent unpredictability involved in estimating mortality from quarter to quarter. The flipside is that this volatility has in the past created opportunities to build or add to positions, particularly following EPS shortfalls. While RGA currently has significant excess capital available for deployment and has demonstrated healthy operating performance over the long term, we believe current valuation at 10.9x 2017E EPS and 1.23x 2Q16 BVPS excl. AOCI to be high relative to the group. This compares with a historical average P/E of 10.1x and P/BVPS excl. AOCI of 1.34x. We do not believe fundamentals have improved enough to justify RGA shares grossly outperforming our coverage universe, up over 27% YTD. Thus, we initiate with a Neutral rating. Click here for full details in our industry launch presentation."
Shares of Reinsurance Group of America closed at $107.52 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Crown Holdings (CCK) Following 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!