Credit Suisse Starts Prudential Financial (PRU) at Neutral
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Credit Suisse initiates coverage on Prudential Financial (NYSE: PRU) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $89.00.
Analyst John Nadel commented, "PRU’s operating performance has been solid over the past few years, and we think the company has several advantages over peers, including a more attractive business mix and higher relative ROE. However, despite a relatively attractive valuation at less than 8.5x our 2017E EPS of $10.05 and ~110% of 2Q16 book value per share (excluding AOCI and Fx Remeasurement), we see few catalysts on the horizon, and we wouldn’t expect PRU’s 2017 Outlook to result in positive EPS revisions. Additionally, PRU looks to be in a less advantageous regulatory position with MET recently winning its District Court case against the Fed and having its SIFI designation rescinded (while LNC and VOYA are not designated non-bank SIFI). While there have been several positive developments of late, including freed up capital from the VA captive recapture and related increase to 2016 buyback authorization, we see headwinds to EPS and ROE over the next few years."
Shares of Prudential Financial closed at $85.01 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Chardan Capital Markets Starts Clovis Oncology (CLVS) at 'Sell' With Price Target of $15
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Nutanix (NTNX) at Outperform
- UBS Raises Price Target on Greenhill & Co. (GHL) to $17; Reiterates Sell
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!