Credit Suisse Starts Principal Financial Group (PFG) at Underperform
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- Oil rises on Russia's output freeze commitment
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Credit Suisse initiates coverage on Principal Financial Group (NYSE: PFG) with a Underperform rating and a price target of $53.00.
Analyst John Nadel commented, "Principal’s increasingly fee-based business mix has translated into strong free cash flow generation and ROE improvement, a trend we expect to continue, albeit at a more measured pace relative to the last several years. Management has delivered healthy investment performance and solid net flows, consistently bucking the asset management industry trends. The company has been capitalizing on the need for investment management and retirement expertise not only among the growing population of retirees in the U.S. but also in select emerging markets like Latin America and in more developed markets overseas. However, in the near to intermediate term, we believe the combination of more intense competition, ongoing pressure on fees, exposure to Fx and EM volatility (albeit somewhat favorable recently), and spread pressure from lower interest rates could lead to more muted EPS growth and flattish margins."
Shares of Principal Financial Group closed at $52.55 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC) PT Lifted to $75 at Nomura
- Wedbush Cuts Price Target on Bj's Restaurants, Inc. (BJRI) to $34; Reiterates Neutral
- E*TRADE (ETFC) PT Raised to $33 at Nomura Post Q3
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!