Credit Suisse Starts Principal Financial Group (PFG) at Underperform
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Credit Suisse initiates coverage on Principal Financial Group (NYSE: PFG) with a Underperform rating and a price target of $53.00.
Analyst John Nadel commented, "Principal’s increasingly fee-based business mix has translated into strong free cash flow generation and ROE improvement, a trend we expect to continue, albeit at a more measured pace relative to the last several years. Management has delivered healthy investment performance and solid net flows, consistently bucking the asset management industry trends. The company has been capitalizing on the need for investment management and retirement expertise not only among the growing population of retirees in the U.S. but also in select emerging markets like Latin America and in more developed markets overseas. However, in the near to intermediate term, we believe the combination of more intense competition, ongoing pressure on fees, exposure to Fx and EM volatility (albeit somewhat favorable recently), and spread pressure from lower interest rates could lead to more muted EPS growth and flattish margins."
Shares of Principal Financial Group closed at $52.55 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wells Fargo Upgrades Tiffany & Co. (TIF) to Market Perform; Demand Trends Stabilizing
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Abbott (ABT) to $47; Reiterates Buy
- Wedbush Upgrades Tractor Supply Company (TSCO) to Outperform; Signs of Inflection
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!