Credit Suisse Starts MetLife (MET) at Neutral
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Credit Suisse initiates coverage on MetLife (NYSE: MET) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $51.00.
Analyst John Nadel commented, "Among names in our coverage, MET is one of the few with near-term, non-macro driven catalysts, including: 1) the separation of a portion of its U.S. Retail operations (to be called “Brighthouse Financial”); 2) its court case challenging the Fed’s designation of MET as a non-bank systemically important financial institution (“SIFI”); and 3) the likelihood that Brighthouse regulatory filings allow MET to return to the market to repurchase shares post quiet periods. In addition, we think MET’s recently announced $1b expense initiative has been overlooked by most investors given the large 2Q16 GAAP charge driven by the VA business and could result in meaningful value for “Remain Co”. Separation details indicate MET should have incremental $2-3b of capital flexibility in conjunction with the Brighthouse spin in 1H17, which serves to solidify our confidence in $2b of buybacks annually in 2017/18."
Shares of MetLife closed at $47.15 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Target (TGT) PT, Estimates Cut at Buckingham Research Following Miss
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Qualcomm (QCOM) Following FTC Complaint
- Deutsche Bank Cuts Price Target on Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX) Following Study
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!