Credit Suisse Starts Golfsmith International (GOLF) at Neutral
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Credit Suisse initiates coverage on Golfsmith International (NYSE: GOLF) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $20.00.
Analyst Christian Buss commented, "We initiate coverage of Acushnet with a Neutral rating and $20 target price. We view the company as well-positioned within the golf equipment market, with a strong brand portfolio, industry-leading R&D capabilities and innovation, and a focused consumer demographic. However, we have big concerns about a deteriorating golf market with retailers pressured and golf courses closing. We expect mid-to-high single-digit earnings growth over the next 5 years. Our target price is based in part on a multiple in-line with Sporting Goods and Lifestyle peers (17.5x FY17 EPS of $1.14), suggesting a balanced risk/reward profile."
Shares of Golfsmith International closed at $19.02 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Ulta Salon (ULTA) to $270; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Earnings, Christian Buss
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!