Credit Suisse Starts CGG (CGG) at Underperform
- S&P 500, Nasdaq set records as tech, banks lead
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Tops Q4 EPS by 20c, Issues Solid Q1 Outlook
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Tops Q4 EPS by 10c; $2B Accelerated Share Repurchase
- Seagate Technology (STX) Tops Q2 EPS by 30c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/24: (BOBE) (STX) (WDC) Higher; (NEWT) (MRCY) (CA) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Credit Suisse initiates coverage on CGG (NYSE: CGG) with a Underperform rating and EUR17.50 price target.
Analyst Gregory Brown commented, "The transformation of CGG has continued exponentially. Gone are the asset-heavy days of a seismic player looking to dominate the acquisition market with north of 20 vessels. Today, CGG is an asset-lighter mix of GGR (a cash-generative and profitable multiclient and processing business), Sercel (the market-leading, but currently loss-making, equipment franchise) and a much downsized marine contract business. We applaud the gravitation towards higher-quality franchises, but we acknowledge CGG’s stretched balance sheet. We are also concerned about a dwindling client base for Sercel and a possible strategic misstep in Mexico by not targeting early 2D work."
Shares of CGG closed at $24.12 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Targa Resources (TRGP) PT Raised to $65 at Credit Suisse
- Sanchez Energy (SN) PT Raised to $16 at FBR Capital; Reiterates Outperform
- Alibaba (BABA) PT Raised to $133 at Instinet (Nomura)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!