Credit Suisse Starts CGG (CGG) at Underperform
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Credit Suisse initiates coverage on CGG (NYSE: CGG) with a Underperform rating and EUR17.50 price target.
Analyst Gregory Brown commented, "The transformation of CGG has continued exponentially. Gone are the asset-heavy days of a seismic player looking to dominate the acquisition market with north of 20 vessels. Today, CGG is an asset-lighter mix of GGR (a cash-generative and profitable multiclient and processing business), Sercel (the market-leading, but currently loss-making, equipment franchise) and a much downsized marine contract business. We applaud the gravitation towards higher-quality franchises, but we acknowledge CGG’s stretched balance sheet. We are also concerned about a dwindling client base for Sercel and a possible strategic misstep in Mexico by not targeting early 2D work."
Shares of CGG closed at $24.12 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN) at Buy
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades MGM Growth Properties (MGP) to Hold
- MoffettNathanson Downgrades AMC Networks (AMCX) to Sell
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!