Credit Suisse Starts CGG (CGG) at Underperform
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Credit Suisse initiates coverage on CGG (NYSE: CGG) with a Underperform rating and EUR17.50 price target.
Analyst Gregory Brown commented, "The transformation of CGG has continued exponentially. Gone are the asset-heavy days of a seismic player looking to dominate the acquisition market with north of 20 vessels. Today, CGG is an asset-lighter mix of GGR (a cash-generative and profitable multiclient and processing business), Sercel (the market-leading, but currently loss-making, equipment franchise) and a much downsized marine contract business. We applaud the gravitation towards higher-quality franchises, but we acknowledge CGG’s stretched balance sheet. We are also concerned about a dwindling client base for Sercel and a possible strategic misstep in Mexico by not targeting early 2D work."
Shares of CGG closed at $24.12 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- CGG: Reduction of certain vessel charter cash costs and related issuance of $58.6 million of senior notes
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. (BMY) PT Lowered to $47 at BMO Capital; See Much Uncertainty and Increased Risk
- Halliburton (HAL) PT Raised to $65 at Evercore ISI
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!