Credit Suisse Starts CGG (CGG) at Underperform
- Wall St. opens flat as investors assess earnings
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Credit Suisse initiates coverage on CGG (NYSE: CGG) with a Underperform rating and EUR17.50 price target.
Analyst Gregory Brown commented, "The transformation of CGG has continued exponentially. Gone are the asset-heavy days of a seismic player looking to dominate the acquisition market with north of 20 vessels. Today, CGG is an asset-lighter mix of GGR (a cash-generative and profitable multiclient and processing business), Sercel (the market-leading, but currently loss-making, equipment franchise) and a much downsized marine contract business. We applaud the gravitation towards higher-quality franchises, but we acknowledge CGG’s stretched balance sheet. We are also concerned about a dwindling client base for Sercel and a possible strategic misstep in Mexico by not targeting early 2D work."
Shares of CGG closed at $24.12 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) PT Raised at Oppenheimer Ahead of Earnings and Potential M&A
- Intersil (ISIL) PT Bumped to $22 at Stifel
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades VF Corp. (VFC) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!