Credit Suisse Starts CGG (CGG) at Underperform
- Top 10 News for 9/26 - 9/30: Deutsche Bank Soars on Settlement; Twitter Back in the M&A Fray; Nike 'Just Didn't Do It' in Q1
- Wall Street rallies, led by Deutsche Bank, financials
- Viacom (VIAB) Forms Special Committee; Will Explore Potential Combination with CBS (CBS)
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Said Near $5.4B Settlement with U.S. - AFP
- Oil up second straight month on OPEC-fueled rally
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Credit Suisse initiates coverage on CGG (NYSE: CGG) with a Underperform rating and EUR17.50 price target.
Analyst Gregory Brown commented, "The transformation of CGG has continued exponentially. Gone are the asset-heavy days of a seismic player looking to dominate the acquisition market with north of 20 vessels. Today, CGG is an asset-lighter mix of GGR (a cash-generative and profitable multiclient and processing business), Sercel (the market-leading, but currently loss-making, equipment franchise) and a much downsized marine contract business. We applaud the gravitation towards higher-quality franchises, but we acknowledge CGG’s stretched balance sheet. We are also concerned about a dwindling client base for Sercel and a possible strategic misstep in Mexico by not targeting early 2D work."
Shares of CGG closed at $24.12 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Canaccord Genuity Starts Marathon Oil (MRO) at Hold
- Mizuho Securities Starts NuStar GP Holdings (NSH) at Neutral
- Mizuho Securities Starts Energy Transfer Partners (ETP) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!