Credit Suisse Starts Boston Beer Company (SAM) at Underperform
- Top 10 News for 9/19 - 9/23: Twitter on the Auction Block; Allergan Bolsters NASH Effort; Microsoft Returns Value
- Wall Street falls as energy lags; shares post gains on week
- Rumored Forever, Twitter (TWTR) May Have Finally Put the 'For Sale' Sign Up
- Facebook (FB) Shares Under Pressure on Reports Video Ad Metrics Were Artificially Inflated
- Brookfield Infrastructure (BIP)-Led Consortium to Take Controlling Stake in Petrobras' (PBR) NTS for $5.2B
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Credit Suisse initiates coverage on Boston Beer Company (NYSE: SAM) with a Underperform rating and a price target of $156.00.
Analyst Laurent Grandet commented, "We are initiating coverage of Boston Beer with an Underperform rating and a $156 target price. Our sales and EPS estimates are below the consensus, as we don't see a clear tipping point to reverse sales declines. More importantly, management has not yet been able to articulate a clear strategy to stem market shares losses and revitalize sales. We applaud the company for recognizing the severity of the problem and hiring a CMO, but we think the coming years will be a slow road and that expectations have not fully adjusted to that reality."
Shares of Boston Beer Company closed at $164.50 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Cowen Cuts Boston Beer Company (SAM) to 'Underperform' on Structural Headwinds
- Jefferies Starts Ingevity Corp (NGVT) at Buy
- UPDATE: Barclays Assumes/Upgrades Wal-Mart (WMT) to Overweight
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!