Credit Suisse Starts Boston Beer Company (SAM) at Underperform
- Dow set to open at record high; oil hits $55
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Credit Suisse initiates coverage on Boston Beer Company (NYSE: SAM) with a Underperform rating and a price target of $156.00.
Analyst Laurent Grandet commented, "We are initiating coverage of Boston Beer with an Underperform rating and a $156 target price. Our sales and EPS estimates are below the consensus, as we don't see a clear tipping point to reverse sales declines. More importantly, management has not yet been able to articulate a clear strategy to stem market shares losses and revitalize sales. We applaud the company for recognizing the severity of the problem and hiring a CMO, but we think the coming years will be a slow road and that expectations have not fully adjusted to that reality."
Shares of Boston Beer Company closed at $164.50 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades National Beverage (FIZZ) to Outperform
- Credit Suisse Assumes The TJX Companies (TJX) at Neutral
- Credit Suisse Assumes Costco Wholesale (COST) at Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!