Credit Suisse Starts Ameriprise Financial (AMP) at Neutral
- Wall St. opens higher as M&A activity boosts confidence
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Credit Suisse initiates coverage on Ameriprise Financial (NYSE: AMP) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $116.00.
Analyst John Nadel commented, "AMP generates the highest ROE among our coverage given a less capital intensive business mix and consistently generates excellent free cash flow. That said, given a combination of slowing margin expansion in the company’s Advice & Wealth Management segment and uncertainty surrounding the impact of the upcoming DOL fiduciary rule, we see somewhat balanced risk/reward from current levels. Additionally, underlying net flow trends in Asset Management (excl. former parent outflows) have been weak. On a positive note, the company should deploy capital at a combined payout ratio (buybacks + dividends) well in excess of 100% of Operating Earnings over the next few years given solid FCF generation and ~$2b excess capital. Additionally, AMP has positive leverage to rising short-term interest rates. A December Fed hike by 25bps would add ~$0.24 to our 2017/18E EPS."
Shares of Ameriprise Financial closed at $102.81 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Starts Tabula Rasa Healthcare (TRHC) at Buy
- Jefferies Reiterates Buy on PPG Industries (PPG) - PT to $113
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades SL Green Realty (SLG) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!