Credit Suisse Starts Ameriprise Financial (AMP) at Neutral
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Credit Suisse initiates coverage on Ameriprise Financial (NYSE: AMP) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $116.00.
Analyst John Nadel commented, "AMP generates the highest ROE among our coverage given a less capital intensive business mix and consistently generates excellent free cash flow. That said, given a combination of slowing margin expansion in the company’s Advice & Wealth Management segment and uncertainty surrounding the impact of the upcoming DOL fiduciary rule, we see somewhat balanced risk/reward from current levels. Additionally, underlying net flow trends in Asset Management (excl. former parent outflows) have been weak. On a positive note, the company should deploy capital at a combined payout ratio (buybacks + dividends) well in excess of 100% of Operating Earnings over the next few years given solid FCF generation and ~$2b excess capital. Additionally, AMP has positive leverage to rising short-term interest rates. A December Fed hike by 25bps would add ~$0.24 to our 2017/18E EPS."
Shares of Ameriprise Financial closed at $102.81 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
- Signet Jewelers (SIG) May Be Close To Selling Credit Business, Likely Positive For Stock - Northcoast Research
- IBM (IBM): Closer Look Shows The - Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!