Credit Suisse Starts American Equity Investment Life Holding (AEL) at Neutral
- Wall St. slips as countdown to Trump's swearing-in begins
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
- CP's (CP) Outgoing CEO Hunter Harrison, Activist Paul Hilal Said Set to Target CSX Corp. (CSX)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Credit Suisse initiates coverage on American Equity Investment Life Holding (NYSE: AEL) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $20.00.
Analyst John Nadel commented, "American Equity Life is among the leaders in the growing indexed annuity market with market share between 8-14% over the past 5+ years. Annual growth in annuity account balances has averaged about 14% over the past decade, which has helped drive 13% average annual growth in operating income. AEL distributes its products primarily through an independent agency sales force although it has added a new channel more recently that focuses on distribution through banks and broker/dealers (Eagle Life). AEL shares are down 24% YTD, the worst in our coverage universe. Three key factors are contributing, in our view, including: 1) Department of Labor’s new fiduciary standard requires use of the Best Interest Contract Exemption, or “BICE,” for the sale of indexed annuities, which could significantly pressure sales particularly through retail agent distribution; 2) common equity issuance to raise new capital to support ongoing organic growth; and 3) continued downward pressure on long-term interest rates puts pressure on investment spreads, the primary driver of profit margins for fixed/indexed annuities."
Shares of American Equity Investment Life Holding closed at $18.02 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Starts Spirit AeroSystems (SPR) at Hold
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Starts Orbital-ATK (OA) at Buy
- Kroger (KR) PT Raised to $33 at Credit Suisse; Reiterates Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!