Credit Suisse Starts AFLAC (AFL) at Underperform
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Credit Suisse initiates coverage on AFLAC (NYSE: AFL) with a Underperform rating and a price target of $75.00.
Analyst John Nadel commented, "Despite the consistent and defensive nature of Aflac’s businesses, we rate shares Underperform based on recent strong share outperformance vs. the broader group that has been largely currency driven, in our view. Aflac has a history of strong returns and has traditionally been a more defensive stock, with a strong capital position, lower exposure to feebased earnings (and thus equity markets), and relatively less interest rate sensitivity. However, shares are up 20% year-to-date (vs. the S&P 500 up 6%), and by our estimate are factoring in an oversized economic benefit from recent yen strengthening. Further, we are forecasting ROE to compress over the next few years to ~15% (including hedging costs) given sluggish earnings growth due in part to low interest rates and challenging Japanese economic conditions. Further, growing disparity between U.S. and Japanese interest rates will cause an increase in hedging costs which, when included in Operating EPS, will likely cause 2017/18 consensus to reset 7-8% lower."
Shares of AFLAC closed at $72.07 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Resumes Target (TGT) at Hold
- UPDATE: SunTrust Starts KLX Inc (KLXI) at Buy
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Starts AAR Corporation (AIR) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Standard & Poor's, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!