Credit Suisse Sees Up to a $7 Cut in Target Price to Clovis (CLVS) if Platinum Resistant/Refractory Removed; M&A Thesis Intact
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Credit Suisse analyst Kennen MacKay reiterated an Outperform rating and $41 price target on Clovis Oncology (NASDAQ: CLVS) after the company presented data from their NDA submission package in 3L+ BRCA+ ovarian cancer. The 0% ORR in platinum-refractory patients and 25% ORR in platinum-resistant patients were disappointing, though commentary focused on disease control rate in these patients, and the reviewer remained positive towards approval in patients with all platinum statuses.
MacKay said removing platinum-refractory from our model would lead to a (-$2) reduction in our TP of $41, while removing both platinum-resistant and –refractory would lead to a (-$7) TP reduction.
"We await a decision from the FDA, but continue to see potential for FDA approval with the applied-for-label in 3L+ g/sBRCA+ patients regardless of platinum status based on the disease control rate, which could lead to increases in survival," the analyst said.
The firm said their M&A thesis remains intact.
Shares of Clovis Oncology closed at $35.77 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $47 at Credit Suisse; Results Just 'Ok' But Visability Increases Conviction
- Microsemi (MSCC) Will Be 'Solid Target' Once Leverage is Lower, Says RBC
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Rumors
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!