Credit Suisse Reinstates MSC Industrial (MSM) at Underperform
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Credit Suisse earlier reinstated coverage on MSC Industrial (NYSE: MSM) with a Underperform rating and a price target of $65. Analyst Andrew E. Buscaglia noted lack of catalysts and stretched valuation.
"We see prolonged weak pricing resulting in a muted top line for MSM in 2017. Mix issues continue to erode gross margins, putting pressure on the operating line where we see potential for further declines. MSM is most levered to manufacturing (~68% of sales) in our group where customers are struggling. Our Fixed Income Strategy Team sees US manufacturing delivering a similar 2H as weak global conditions persist, offsetting recent stabilization in energy/mining. We appreciate MSM's supply chain investments and cost reductions positioning itself for higher margins on minimal sales, yet a difficult environment may mean trough margins are further out than expected," said Buscaglia.
Shares of MSC Industrial closed at $74.03 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs (GS) PT Raised to $256.00 at Oppenheimer Following 4Q Report
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Starts TransDigm (TDG) at Buy
- Stifel Resumes Costco Wholesale (COST) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!