Credit Suisse Reinstates MSC Industrial (MSM) at Underperform
- Health, energy stocks hit Wall Street, Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (CXRX) (CERC) Higher; (SGY) (MBRX) (STS) Lower
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Credit Suisse earlier reinstated coverage on MSC Industrial (NYSE: MSM) with a Underperform rating and a price target of $65. Analyst Andrew E. Buscaglia noted lack of catalysts and stretched valuation.
"We see prolonged weak pricing resulting in a muted top line for MSM in 2017. Mix issues continue to erode gross margins, putting pressure on the operating line where we see potential for further declines. MSM is most levered to manufacturing (~68% of sales) in our group where customers are struggling. Our Fixed Income Strategy Team sees US manufacturing delivering a similar 2H as weak global conditions persist, offsetting recent stabilization in energy/mining. We appreciate MSM's supply chain investments and cost reductions positioning itself for higher margins on minimal sales, yet a difficult environment may mean trough margins are further out than expected," said Buscaglia.
Shares of MSC Industrial closed at $74.03 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Starts Xenon Pharmaceuticals (XENE) at Buy
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!