Credit Suisse Raises Price Target on Genesee & Wyoming (GWR) Following Announced P&W (PWX) Acquisition
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Credit Suisse reiterated an Outperform rating on Genesee & Wyoming (NYSE: GWR), and raised the price target to $73.00 (from $70.00), following the company's announced acquisition of Providence and Worcester Railroad Company (“P&W”) (NASDAQ: PWX) for $126 million, or $25/sh, representing a 53% premium to the closing price on Friday 8/12.
Analyst Allison Landry commented, "FY16 EPS estimate of $3.56 is unchanged, as we assume the P&W acquisition closes at the end of 4Q16. We have raised our FY17 and FY18 forecasts to $3.74 and $4.28, from $3.67 and $4.20, respectively. Our 12-month target price rises to $73 (from $70) primarily on account of higher base year (2017) EBIT and a lower discount rate in our DCF model. Maintain Outperform."
Shares of Genesee & Wyoming closed at $66.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Western Digital (WDC) to $75; Reiterates Buy
- PAREXEL (PRXL) PT, Estimates Lowered at Evercore ISI
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!