Credit Suisse Raises Price Target on Genesee & Wyoming (GWR) Following Announced P&W (PWX) Acquisition
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Credit Suisse reiterated an Outperform rating on Genesee & Wyoming (NYSE: GWR), and raised the price target to $73.00 (from $70.00), following the company's announced acquisition of Providence and Worcester Railroad Company (“P&W”) (NASDAQ: PWX) for $126 million, or $25/sh, representing a 53% premium to the closing price on Friday 8/12.
Analyst Allison Landry commented, "FY16 EPS estimate of $3.56 is unchanged, as we assume the P&W acquisition closes at the end of 4Q16. We have raised our FY17 and FY18 forecasts to $3.74 and $4.28, from $3.67 and $4.20, respectively. Our 12-month target price rises to $73 (from $70) primarily on account of higher base year (2017) EBIT and a lower discount rate in our DCF model. Maintain Outperform."
Shares of Genesee & Wyoming closed at $66.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
- Cowen Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q
- BTIG Cuts PT on Workday (WDAY) to $88 Following Q3 Results; Affirms at 'Buy'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!