Credit Suisse Raises Price Target on Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) to $55 Following Strong 2Q
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Credit Suisse reiterated a Neutral rating on Dick's Sporting Goods (NYSE: DKS), and raised the price target to $55.00 (from $48.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. EPS of $0.82 was ahead of the Street by $0.13 on higher comps and better gross margins. Comps of +2.8% were well above guidance of -4% to -1% and the Street at -2.2%.
Analyst Seth Sigman commented, "DKS delivered much better Q2 results, which should help support the 2H16 and 2017 earnings improvement story. There was evidence that the base business improved, that the early TSA market share gains have started, and that other merchandising and strategic initiatives are progressing. The key risk, in our view, is expectations, which continue to rise, as well as the potential for the company to invest some of the TSA benefits in 2017, putting some of the upside scenarios at risk. That said, the company should have a decent runway for improvement over the next few quarters. Raising our EPS estimate for 2016 to $3.03 (from $2.87) and for 2017 to $3.62 (from $3.47); our TP is now $55 based on 15x our 2017 EPS estimate."
Shares of Dick\'s Sporting Goods closed at $58.76 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- Credit Suisse Upgrades Juniper Networks (JNPR) to Outperform
- Cowen Downgrades Nike (NKE) to Neutral; Sees Lower Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!