Credit Suisse Raises Numbers on Dunkin' Brands (DNKN) on SSS Acceleration
- Wall Street climbs in wake of first presidential face-off
- Nike (NKE) Tops Q1 EPS by 17c; Futures Orders Miss Views
- Tempur Sealy (TPX) Updates on Outlook; Sees Q3 Sales Below Prior Expectations
- Galectin (GALT) Reports Exploratory Phase 2a Pilot Trial of GR-MD-02 in Nash Misses Primary Biomarker Endpoint; Announces $1.5M Private Placement
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Twitter, Inc. (TWTR) to Underperform
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Credit Suisse analyst Jason West reiterated an Outperform rating and bumped his price target on Dunkin' Brands (NASDAQ: DNKN) to $52.00 (from $51.00) saying checks suggests acceleration in SSS.
West commented, "We caught up with several Dunkin' US franchisees recently to gauge sales trends in 3Q to-date. Our checks suggest the US business has gained some momentum over the past 2-3 months, led by the rollout of Cold Brew coffee and a generally more impactful new product pipeline. Our contacts continued to point to intense competitive activity in the coffee space, especially from convenience stores. However, we also heard a consistent message of improved sales trends beginning in July/Aug, leading us to raise 2H forecasts."
The firm raised Q3 SSS estimates from 1.2% to 2%, which compares to the consensus of 1.2%. Q4 SSS estimates move from 1.3% to 2.5%, versus the consensus of 1.7%. The firm's 2016/2017 EPS moves to $2.23/$2.44 from $2.22/$2.42, putting us ~1-2c above consensus.
Shares of Dunkin' Brands closed at $47.71 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Raises Price Target on SYNNEX Corp. (SNX) Following 3Q Report
- Seaport Global Securities Downgrades Regal Beloit (RBC) to Neutral
- Nomura Securities Cuts Price Target on Carnival Corp. (CCL) to $59
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!