Credit Suisse Downgrades SunPower (SPWR) to Neutral; Unexpected Guidance Cut 'Disconcerting'
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/20: (CERC) (ALKS) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SKX) (RRGB) (AMD) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Credit Suisse downgraded SunPower (NASDAQ: SPWR) from Outperform to Neutral with a price target of $12.00 (from $32.00) as guidance slashed.
Analyst P. Jobin commented, ": We are downgrading SPWR from Outperform to Neutral and lowering our Target Price from $32 to $12; our estimates are cut to $0.36/$0.73/$0.69 from $1.15/$1.55/$1.64 for 2016/17/18 respectively. The company reduced 2H16 guidance ~40% and provided 2017 guidance well below investor expectations (54% below prior analyst day targets). The cuts are problematic in their own rights, but the bigger issue for the stock from here is management credibility and lack of apparent stability in the core business. There are a lot of moving parts to the realigned SunPower that will require strong execution in the coming quarters, and with the stock down 30% after hours it is clear to us that management needs to start by repairing its reputation. We believe in the long-term secular growth story underpinning the renewable space, and management's typically conservative approach, but find the unexpected guidance cut - attributed to factors that should have been apparent many months ago - to be disconcerting."
Shares of SunPower closed at $14.78 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Cuts Price Target on Syntel, Inc. (SYNT) Following Weak 3Q
- Wedbush Cuts Price Target on Tractor Supply (TSCO) to $65 Following 3Q
- UPDATE: Wells Fargo Upgrades Vail Resorts (MTN) to Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!