Credit Suisse Downgrades Pier 1 Imports (PIR) to Underperform
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Credit Suisse downgraded Pier 1 Imports (NYSE: PIR) from Neutral to Underperform with a price target of $4.00 (from $4.50).
Analyst Seth Sigman commented, "We are lowering our rating from Neutral to Underperform based on PIR's weaker Q2 sales results, its continued underperformance relative to the industry, the risk of more aggressive promotional activity to improve sales which could derail the margin improvement story, and management uncertainty with CEO Alex Smith's expected departure."
The firm lowered 2016 EPS to $0.24 (from $0.38) vs. guidance of $0.32-0.40, and EBITDA to $100.3 million (from $120.1 million), based on revised comps of -2.3% for the year (from +0.1%) vs. prior guidance of -1% to +1%.
Shares of Pier 1 Imports closed at $4.80 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $47 at Credit Suisse; Results Just 'Ok' But Visability Increases Conviction
- Philip Morris Intl (PM) PT Raised to $101 at Jefferies
- FBR Capital Raises price Target on Gentex Corp (GNTX) to $22
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!