Credit Suisse Downgrades Pier 1 Imports (PIR) to Underperform
- Wall St. gains across sectors ahead of Trump inauguration
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
- Investment Focus: History suggests Trump month will be stocks down, dollar up
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Credit Suisse downgraded Pier 1 Imports (NYSE: PIR) from Neutral to Underperform with a price target of $4.00 (from $4.50).
Analyst Seth Sigman commented, "We are lowering our rating from Neutral to Underperform based on PIR's weaker Q2 sales results, its continued underperformance relative to the industry, the risk of more aggressive promotional activity to improve sales which could derail the margin improvement story, and management uncertainty with CEO Alex Smith's expected departure."
The firm lowered 2016 EPS to $0.24 (from $0.38) vs. guidance of $0.32-0.40, and EBITDA to $100.3 million (from $120.1 million), based on revised comps of -2.3% for the year (from +0.1%) vs. prior guidance of -1% to +1%.
Shares of Pier 1 Imports closed at $4.80 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Downgrades Simon Property Group (SPG) to Hold
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Abraxas Petroleum (AXAS) to Buy Amid Emerging Delaware Basin Potential
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!