Credit Suisse Downgrades Pier 1 Imports (PIR) to Underperform
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Credit Suisse downgraded Pier 1 Imports (NYSE: PIR) from Neutral to Underperform with a price target of $4.00 (from $4.50).
Analyst Seth Sigman commented, "We are lowering our rating from Neutral to Underperform based on PIR's weaker Q2 sales results, its continued underperformance relative to the industry, the risk of more aggressive promotional activity to improve sales which could derail the margin improvement story, and management uncertainty with CEO Alex Smith's expected departure."
The firm lowered 2016 EPS to $0.24 (from $0.38) vs. guidance of $0.32-0.40, and EBITDA to $100.3 million (from $120.1 million), based on revised comps of -2.3% for the year (from +0.1%) vs. prior guidance of -1% to +1%.
Shares of Pier 1 Imports closed at $4.80 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- Time (TIME): Stuck Until A Deal Is Announced - Wells Fargo
- Argus Downgrades Sonoco Products (SON) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!