Credit Suisse Downgrades Medivation (MDVN) to Neutral; Sees Little Likelihood of Competing Bid
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Credit Suisse downgraded Medivation (NASDAQ: MDVN) from Outperform to Neutral with a price target of $81.50 after the company agreed to be acquired by Pfizer for $81.50 shares.
Analyst K. MacKay commented, "CS Special Situations Desk expects the deal to close with high probability, and we see little likelihood of a competitive bid following the lengthy auction process. Furthermore, we see little likelihood of anti-trust concerns given no overlap in the mechanisms of action of portfolio products. We therefore do not expect major upside / downside to MDVN's valuation and now focus on successful deal closure."
Shares of Medivation closed at $80.42 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Planet Fitness (PLNT) Following Solid 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!