Credit Suisse Downgrades Medivation (MDVN) to Neutral; Sees Little Likelihood of Competing Bid
- S&P, Dow rise on health stocks; Nasdaq weighed by Comcast
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/27: (PRQR) (OCN) (TWTR) Higher; (CYH) (GNC) (RNWK) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Credit Suisse downgraded Medivation (NASDAQ: MDVN) from Outperform to Neutral with a price target of $81.50 after the company agreed to be acquired by Pfizer for $81.50 shares.
Analyst K. MacKay commented, "CS Special Situations Desk expects the deal to close with high probability, and we see little likelihood of a competitive bid following the lengthy auction process. Furthermore, we see little likelihood of anti-trust concerns given no overlap in the mechanisms of action of portfolio products. We therefore do not expect major upside / downside to MDVN's valuation and now focus on successful deal closure."
Shares of Medivation closed at $80.42 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
- F5 Networks (FFIV) PT Raised to $120 at Jefferies
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Boston Properties Inc. (BXP) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!