Credit Suisse Downgrades Marathon Oil (MRO) to Neutral
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Credit Suisse downgraded Marathon Oil (NYSE: MRO) from Outperform to Neutral with a price target of $19.00, citing better risk/reward elsewhere.
Analyst Edward Westlake commented, "In conjunction with our quarterly large cap E&P Deep Dive, we have taken MRO shares down to Neutral. MRO has done an excellent job of increasing the resource base, mainly in Oklahoma, and lowering well costs, and has become more assertive on its completions. The STACK continues to get better – indeed MRO increased the type curve for the STACK by more than 35% last week. However, when we look across the large cap E&P space, and the leading edge well performance relative to our modeling assumptions we continue to see more momentum in the purer play Permian names."
Shares of Marathon Oil closed at $15.67 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $47 at Credit Suisse; Results Just 'Ok' But Visability Increases Conviction
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $45 at Oppenheimer
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!