Credit Suisse Downgrades Lululemon Athletica Inc. (LULU) to Neutral; Markdown Intensity Up
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Credit Suisse downgraded Lululemon Athletica Inc. (NASDAQ: LULU) from Outperform to Neutral with a price target of $53.00 (from $76.00), noting markdown intensity is up year-over-year.
Analyst Christian Buss commented, "Our proprietary pricing and inventory analysis suggests markdown intensity has increased for lululemon this quarter – the 2.7% rate is higher both Y/Y (2.5%) and sequentially (2.0%). With an increase in discounting in Women's Tops particularly, we have less conviction in the company being able to sustain recent topline momentum, which we view as crucial in supporting earnings recapture. As a result, we lower our FY16 comp assumption to 5.1% from 6.2% and reduce our forward multiple to 25x from 30x as the benefits from restructuring and margin recapture moderate. We downgrade shares to Neutral, adjust estimates, and lower our Target Price to $53 from $76."
Shares of Lululemon Athletica Inc. closed at $56.81 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- lululemon athletica (LULU): Skeptics Are Quieter - Wedbush
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades AZZ Inc. (AZZ) to Sell
- Lululemon Athletica (LULU) PT Raised to $75 at Oppenheimer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades, Hot Downgrades
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Earnings, Christian Buss
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!