Credit Suisse Downgrades J.M. Smucker (SJM) to Neutral
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Credit Suisse downgraded J.M. Smucker (NYSE: SJM) from Outperform to Neutral with a price target of $145.00 (from $158.00), saying there are no easy answers for stabilizing pet declines.
Analyst Robert Moskow commented, "We are downgrading Smucker to neutral and lowering our target price to $145/share. We are also lowering our FY 17 EPS slightly below consensus, to $7.64. Our thesis that Smucker would raise its cost savings targets to address its unwieldy overhead structure has played out as we expected. However, we underestimated the hit to sales from difficult comparisons to last year's extensive new product launches and we fear that we underestimated the level of reinvestment it will take to revitalize the struggling pet food division. In addition, we feel less comfortable recommending this stock at a time when the company's key commodity inputs have bottomed and no longer provide material opportunities for margin benefit."
Shares of J.M. Smucker closed at $137.72 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Following 1Q Beat
- UBS Raises Price Target on Zions Bancorp (ZION) to $29 Following 3Q EPS Beat
- Argus Downgrades PPG Industries (PPG) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!