Credit Suisse Downgrades Dollar General (DG) to Neutral
- Amazon, health stocks weigh on S&P, Nasdaq; Chevron lifts Dow
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Credit Suisse downgraded Dollar General (NYSE: DG) from Outperform to Neutral with a price target of $80.00 (from $95.00) on weak outlook as headwinds intensify.
Analyst Edward Kelly commented, ": DG's impressive stock run looks to be over sooner than we anticipated, as Q2 results signal a material deceleration in earnings momentum. Bottom line performance was only a touch below consensus, but a comp miss (+0.7% vs. a consensus of +2.7%) on negative traffic was a clear disappointment. A solid gross margin, expense control and lower tax rate made up for most of the shortfall. The company highlighted weather, food deflation, and SNAP as the largest top line issues, but commentary about intensifying competition from other staples players (likely includes WMT) was notable and its clear underlying business momentum has slowed. Visibility on a reacceleration is low in our view, even with the company poised to react with its own price cuts. This development adds to the recently introduced incremental wage pressure from new overtime rules, and combined now creates visible downside risk to forward consensus estimates. We expect these headwinds to weigh on the stock, making Outperformance to the staples group unlikely. We lowered our target price to $80 from $95."
Shares of Dollar General closed at $91.79 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Leerink Partners Downgrades McKesson (MCK) to Market Perform
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS); Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!