Credit Suisse Downgrades Darden Restaurants (DRI) to Neutral
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Credit Suisse downgraded Darden Restaurants (NYSE: DRI) from Outperform to Neutral with a price target of $72.00 (from $69.00), noting the stock has seen a ~2pt. P/E re-rate post-election and had already traded at a premium to low-growth casual dining peers.
Analyst Jason West commented, "DRI now trades at ~18x NTM P/E, up from ~15-16x several weeks ago. ~10% upside to today’s price would imply a P/E of ~20x, a threshold which DRI has rarely crossed in its ~20-year life as a public company. Conversely, ~10% downside implies a P/E of ~16x, still ~5-10% above DRI’s long-term average P/E of ~15x. DRI has also made significant progress in improving the earnings power of the business in recent years, via SSS re-acceleration and cost-cutting. However, this leaves limited room for further upside surprise in our view. DRI’s unit growth story is also limited by a relatively saturated core brand (Olive Garden) and no material international presence."
Shares of Darden Restaurants closed at $73.93 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- UBS Cuts Price Target on SecureWorks Corp. (SCWX) to $13
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Lincoln Electric (LECO) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!