Credit Suisse Downgrades Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) to Neutral; 'New Normal'
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Credit Suisse downgraded Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE: CMG) from Outperform to Neutral with a price target of $375.00 (from $500.00) citing a 'new normal' following disappointing results.
Analyst Jason West commented, "CMG posted another disappointing result as the sales recovery continues to take longer than expected. 3Q same store sales (SSS) were -22% vs. CS/cons. -18% (per Consensus Metrix). Trends barely budged from 2Q16 (-24%) despite ~200bps easier compare and rollout of an aggressive (temporary) loyalty program during 3Q. GAAP EPS was 27c (incl. ~52c one-time items) vs. CS/cons. $1.24/$1.63. Restaurant margins of 14.1% missed CSe by 310bps on lower SSS, loyalty program costs, higher marketing/promo spend, and higher avocado costs."
The firm's 2016/2017 EPS moves to $1.14/$8.82 from $2.51/$10.49. 4Q16E SSS falls to -3.5% from 0%. 2017 forecast now embeds +9% SSS (from +11%).
Shares of Chipotle Mexican Grill closed at $405.67 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!