Credit Suisse Downgrades Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) to Neutral; 'New Normal'
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Credit Suisse downgraded Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE: CMG) from Outperform to Neutral with a price target of $375.00 (from $500.00) citing a 'new normal' following disappointing results.
Analyst Jason West commented, "CMG posted another disappointing result as the sales recovery continues to take longer than expected. 3Q same store sales (SSS) were -22% vs. CS/cons. -18% (per Consensus Metrix). Trends barely budged from 2Q16 (-24%) despite ~200bps easier compare and rollout of an aggressive (temporary) loyalty program during 3Q. GAAP EPS was 27c (incl. ~52c one-time items) vs. CS/cons. $1.24/$1.63. Restaurant margins of 14.1% missed CSe by 310bps on lower SSS, loyalty program costs, higher marketing/promo spend, and higher avocado costs."
The firm's 2016/2017 EPS moves to $1.14/$8.82 from $2.51/$10.49. 4Q16E SSS falls to -3.5% from 0%. 2017 forecast now embeds +9% SSS (from +11%).
Shares of Chipotle Mexican Grill closed at $405.67 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades OneMain (OMF) to Neutral
- Stifel Raises Price Target on Las Vegas Sands (LVS) to $66; Reiterates Buy
- FBR Capital Remains Bullish on JPMorgan (JPM) Following 4Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!