Credit Suisse Downgrades CenterPoint Energy (CNP) to Underperform
- Oil steadies on doubts output cut will end global glut
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Dollar edges up vs yen as traders eye ECB meeting for cues
- Mondelez Int'l (MDLZ) Seen as Kraft Heinz's (KHC) Next Logical Takeover Target - Credit Suisse
- Foxconn says in preliminary discussions to expand U.S. operations
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Credit Suisse downgraded CenterPoint Energy (NYSE: CNP) from Neutral to Underperform with a price target of $25.00 (from $24.00).
Analyst J. Edwards commented, "Despite the beat we are downgrading to Underperform (from Neutral) for a number of reasons: (1) Valuation (2) We expect further delay of CNPs strategic review regarding its ownership stake in ENBL (50% of the GP and 54% of the LP) (3) the potential for mean reversion given CNP's significant outperformance against MLPs over the last year). Our TP actually rises by $1, to $25 based on a generous 20x 2017E EPS and SOTP and together with the dividend equates to ~10% in total return which we expect would significantly lag our coverage, prompting us to downgrade."
Shares of CenterPoint Energy closed at $23.62 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MoffettNathanson Downgrades AMC Networks (AMCX) to Sell
- Mizuho Securities Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Beat
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Coca-Cola European Partners (CCE) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!