Credit Suisse Downgrades CenterPoint Energy (CNP) to Underperform
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Credit Suisse downgraded CenterPoint Energy (NYSE: CNP) from Neutral to Underperform with a price target of $25.00 (from $24.00).
Analyst J. Edwards commented, "Despite the beat we are downgrading to Underperform (from Neutral) for a number of reasons: (1) Valuation (2) We expect further delay of CNPs strategic review regarding its ownership stake in ENBL (50% of the GP and 54% of the LP) (3) the potential for mean reversion given CNP's significant outperformance against MLPs over the last year). Our TP actually rises by $1, to $25 based on a generous 20x 2017E EPS and SOTP and together with the dividend equates to ~10% in total return which we expect would significantly lag our coverage, prompting us to downgrade."
Shares of CenterPoint Energy closed at $23.62 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades TripAdvisor (TRIP) to Hold
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!