Credit Suisse Downgrades CenterPoint Energy (CNP) to Underperform
- Wall Street dips as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- Western Union (WU) Admits Anti-Money Laundering and Consumer Fraud Violations, Forfeits $586M in Settlement
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Credit Suisse downgraded CenterPoint Energy (NYSE: CNP) from Neutral to Underperform with a price target of $25.00 (from $24.00).
Analyst J. Edwards commented, "Despite the beat we are downgrading to Underperform (from Neutral) for a number of reasons: (1) Valuation (2) We expect further delay of CNPs strategic review regarding its ownership stake in ENBL (50% of the GP and 54% of the LP) (3) the potential for mean reversion given CNP's significant outperformance against MLPs over the last year). Our TP actually rises by $1, to $25 based on a generous 20x 2017E EPS and SOTP and together with the dividend equates to ~10% in total return which we expect would significantly lag our coverage, prompting us to downgrade."
Shares of CenterPoint Energy closed at $23.62 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fastenal (FAST) PT Raised to $49 at Credit Suisse Following 4Q
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $165.00 at Oppenheimer
- Cree (CREE) PT Raised to $23 at Canaccord Genuity
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!