Credit Suisse Cuts Price Target on Evogene (EVGN) to $10 Following 2Q
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Credit Suisse maintained an Outperform rating on Evogene Ltd (NYSE: EVGN), and cut the price target to $10.00 (from $19.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. EVGN reported EPS of -$0.18, compared with the consensus estimates of -$0.17.
Analyst Christopher Parkinson commented, "EVGN reported 2Q16 adj. EPS of -$0.18 vs. CSe of -$0.17. Cash burn from ops in 2Q was -$2.3mm, driven primarily by a reduction in R&D payments vs. 2Q15; EVGN's cash & equivalents balance stands at $97mm, or 55% of the current market cap. EVGN continues to report a number of positive results across multiple project platforms including: corn and soybean stress tolerant genes (abiotic), novel plant targets for herbicides (collaboration with BASF), and the commencement of large-scale field trials in Central America for genes showing resistance to black sigatoka in a collaboration with Israelbased Rahan Meristem. We are raising our 2016 EPS to -$0.66 and our 2017 EPS to -$0.27. We are reducing our Target Price to $10 (from $19), based on our updated DCF analysis, assuming a 20% discount rate and a terminal growth rate of 3%."
Shares of Evogene Ltd closed at $6.89 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $102 at Stifel Following 4Q Report
- Instinet (Nomura) Downgrades Silicon Motion Technology (SIMO) to Neutral
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!