Cowen Says Apple (AAPL) iPhone Leads Times up Markedly Ahead of iPhone 7/7+ Launch
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Cowen and Company offered commentary on Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) following the company's iPhone 7/7+ update issued late Wednesday. The firm maintains an Outperform rating and $125 price target on Apple.
Analyst Tim Arcuri commented:
With iPhone deliveries starting Friday, we summarize the changes in lead times since pre-orders started a week ago on 9/9. Lead times are up virtually across the board, but we summarize key findings by SKU.
- By model, iPhone 7+ lead times are up materially more than iPhone 7 (except in China, where iPhone 7+ lead times have actually come in). The relative popularity of iPhone 7+ in the US is seen by lead times lengthening by ~2weeks versus about a week for iPhone 7. Globally, lead times are up ~7-10 days for both iPhone 7/7+ although, as we noted, iPhone 7+ supply seems to exceed demand in China.
- By memory configuration, lead times for the 32GB SKUs are up the most - in the US, nearly a week (on average) for iPhone 7 and ~2 weeks for iPhone 7+. Globally, lead times for 32GB have increased about 7-10 days for both iPhone 7 and 7+. We also note that 128GB lead times have lengthened considerably in the US for iPhone 7+.
By color, jet black lead times have increased the most with lead times lengthening by a whopping ~3weeks in the US (only 128GB and 256GB versions). Overall lead times globally also remain the longest for the jet black SKUs.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Apple (AAPL) said to have approached Time Warner (TWX) a few months ago - DJ
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!