Cowen Reiterates Outperform on Target (TGT) Following 2Q Earnings Release
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Cowen reiterated an Outperform rating and $81.00 price target on Target (NYSE: TGT) following the company's 2Q earnings report. TGT beat estimates by +11c driven by better than expected GM, lower than expected SG&A, and slightly better sales.
Analyst Oliver Chen commented, "FY16 EPS guidance reset to $4.80-5.20 (prior $5.20-5.40) brackets the Street's current $5.13, but reduced 2H comps outlook (-2% to Flat in vs. our prior +1.5%) will likely hurt the stock today. We believe inexpensive P/E (~12-13x FY2 EPS) should limit downside & would be aggressive buyers if stock trades down more than EPS revision -MSD%."
Shares of Target closed at $75.48 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Twitter's (TWTR) 'Underweight' Rating Reiterated at Morgan Stanley
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP) at Buy
- Susquehanna Cuts Price Target on KLA-Tencor (KLAC) Following Strong 1Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesCowen & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!