Cowen Reiterates Outperform on Target (TGT) Following 2Q Earnings Release
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Cowen reiterated an Outperform rating and $81.00 price target on Target (NYSE: TGT) following the company's 2Q earnings report. TGT beat estimates by +11c driven by better than expected GM, lower than expected SG&A, and slightly better sales.
Analyst Oliver Chen commented, "FY16 EPS guidance reset to $4.80-5.20 (prior $5.20-5.40) brackets the Street's current $5.13, but reduced 2H comps outlook (-2% to Flat in vs. our prior +1.5%) will likely hurt the stock today. We believe inexpensive P/E (~12-13x FY2 EPS) should limit downside & would be aggressive buyers if stock trades down more than EPS revision -MSD%."
Shares of Target closed at $75.48 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
- Finisar (FNSR) PT Raised to $44 at Needham & Company, Estimates Raised Sharply
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesCowen & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!