Cowen Reiterates Outperform on Target (TGT) Following 2Q Earnings Release
- S&P 500, Nasdaq set records as tech, banks lead
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Tops Q4 EPS by 20c, Issues Solid Q1 Outlook
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Tops Q4 EPS by 10c; $2B Accelerated Share Repurchase
- Seagate Technology (STX) Tops Q2 EPS by 30c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/24: (BOBE) (STX) (WDC) Higher; (NEWT) (MRCY) (CA) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Cowen reiterated an Outperform rating and $81.00 price target on Target (NYSE: TGT) following the company's 2Q earnings report. TGT beat estimates by +11c driven by better than expected GM, lower than expected SG&A, and slightly better sales.
Analyst Oliver Chen commented, "FY16 EPS guidance reset to $4.80-5.20 (prior $5.20-5.40) brackets the Street's current $5.13, but reduced 2H comps outlook (-2% to Flat in vs. our prior +1.5%) will likely hurt the stock today. We believe inexpensive P/E (~12-13x FY2 EPS) should limit downside & would be aggressive buyers if stock trades down more than EPS revision -MSD%."
Shares of Target closed at $75.48 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cree (CREE) Tops Q2 EPS by 10c, Offers Q3 Guidance
- United Financial Bancorp (UBNK) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c
- Hope Bancorp, Inc. (HOPE) Misses Q4 EPS by 1c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesCowen & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!