Cowen Reiterates Outperform on Target (TGT) Following 2Q Earnings Release
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Cowen reiterated an Outperform rating and $81.00 price target on Target (NYSE: TGT) following the company's 2Q earnings report. TGT beat estimates by +11c driven by better than expected GM, lower than expected SG&A, and slightly better sales.
Analyst Oliver Chen commented, "FY16 EPS guidance reset to $4.80-5.20 (prior $5.20-5.40) brackets the Street's current $5.13, but reduced 2H comps outlook (-2% to Flat in vs. our prior +1.5%) will likely hurt the stock today. We believe inexpensive P/E (~12-13x FY2 EPS) should limit downside & would be aggressive buyers if stock trades down more than EPS revision -MSD%."
Shares of Target closed at $75.48 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Benchmark Electronics (BHE) Following In-Line 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesCowen & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!