Cowen Reiterates Outperform on Costco Wholesale (COST) Following October Results
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Cowen reiterated an Outperform rating and $170.00 price target on Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ: COST) following the company's October results. October comps of +2% were in line with Street expectations. Costco continued to face deflationary headwinds in many departments, including multiple departments in food & sundries, consumer electronics within hardlines, and meat and other proteins within fresh food.
Analyst Oliver Chen commented, "Oct. reported comps of +2% are in line with Street's +2%, while Oct comps (ex. Gas & FX) of +2% missed Street's +2.6%; core US comp (ex. gas) was +2% y/y. Overall traffic improved to +2.75% y/y with trends again better in the U.S. & Canada and softer in Other Int'l. Oct. 2-year stack comps ex gas & FX of +7% vs. Sept +9% & Aug's +7%. Reit. Outperform w/$170PT. Next catalyst: Nov. sales on 11/30."
Shares of Costco Wholesale closed at $146.27 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cowen Reiterates Outperform on Costco Wholesale (COST) Ahead of 4Q
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades PennTex Midstream Partners, LP (PTXP) to Hold
- Cowen Downgrades Nike (NKE) to Neutral; Sees Lower Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!